Dry January 2023
Every year you hear the cries of ‘Who’s partaking in Dry January’…after the excess of the holidays, there are clear health benefits of scaling back and giving your body a rest to recharge, but do we sometime forget the effect that Alcohol can have on our brain and mental health too?
Research conducted by the University of Sussex has found that more than 70% of people who take on the month, usually end up taking drinking much more healthy way past January, not only do they see the difference in their physical health they also feel the boost in their general levels of wellbeing, and if you need further motivation money in your pocket too!
Did you know there is now an App to help?
- Track your units, calories and money saved when you cut down or cut out alcohol
- Understand your drinking pattern
- Get the full picture with the Units calendar overview
- Monitor your wellbeing with sleep, energy levels, mood and craving intensity trackers
- Use the 'Notes' section to record your thoughts, feelings, daily reflections, events or learning
- Use the health quiz to check up on your drinking
- Keep track of your current and best ever dry streaks
- Find extra free tools, tips and resources in the 'More' section
- Use the app for Dry January and beyond: https://alcoholchange.org.uk/alcohol-facts/interactive-tools/dry-january-app-1
Motivation tip: You’ll be amazed at the money you can save if you cut down. Make yourself a money Jar for that larger item or trip of your dreams, every time save, put the money in your jar – you’ll soon have the money for something really amazing!Check out this video from Simone Chapel - the giving up Alcohol Coach, follow his link for his top 10 tips and support: https://besober.co.uk/2022/12/09/10-tips-to-smash-dry-january-2023/
Further Websites and localised help and support centres:
Gunnersbury Park: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20049/health_and_well_being/1219/alcohol_and_drug_misuse
Crystal Palace: https://www.changegrowlive.org/bromley-drug-alcohol-service/london-road
Regents Park: https://www.regentsparkpractice.co.uk/syndication/live-well
General Support websites: